We have decided to share our “secret” creamy seafood soup recipe… But only because the people visiting us at Soetes & Soup 2014 asked so nicely.
- 1kg hake fillets, cooked and flaked
- 100g smoked salmon
- 600g seafood Marinara
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 400ml fresh cream
- 1.5l water
- 150g maziena
- 400ml Merwida White Muscadel
- garlic, salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste
- Cook hake fillets, smoked salmon and seafood Marinara in water. Drain, but do not throw out the water. Blend in food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend onions, celery, spring onions and garlic.
- In a pot, add fish, vegetables, cream and half of the water you used to cook the fish in. Bring to boil. Add Maziena. Add water as necessary.
- Pour in Merwida White Muscadel and Tabasco.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is great with Merwida Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and White Muscadel.