Yip, you heard right. The following recipe combines white wine with other ingredients to create a marinade for the perfect steak for a Friday night braai!
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound chuck eye steaks, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add steaks, and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Remove steaks from marinade; reserve marinade. Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; keep warm. Add shallot to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved marinade and broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Spoon sauce over steaks.