Yes, we really mean RED.WINE.BROWNIES! If you’re like us, you are already on your way to your pantry to see if you have all the ingredients, well here it is, courtesy of CookieNamedDesire.com:
RED WINE BROWNIES RECIPE WITH DRUNKEN CRANBERRIESAuthor: Amanda PowellINGREDIENTS
- ¾ cup red wine
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), plus extra for greasing
- 6 oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate (I used half and half)
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the red wine and cranberries together and allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour or until the cranberries look plumped
- Preheat oven to 350 degree and grease and flour an 8 by 8 inch pan.
- Mix flour and sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl over boiling water, heat the butter and chocolate until just melted and mixed together.
- Remove from the bowl from the heat and beat in the eggs one at a time. (If the bowl seems very hot, you may want to let it cool for about 5 minutes before adding the eggs).
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix, then add the flour and mix well.
- Mix in the red wine and cranberries.. Fold in walnuts, if using.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake for about 40 – 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with only crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan about about 25 – 30 minutes in the pan, then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.